Monday, August 19, 2013

Assignment 1

You must write in complete sentences.
Responses for questions 2 and 8 should be between 3-5 sentences long.

1.  Create an acrostic poem using your first name. So what you are going to do is use each letter in your name to create an adjective that describes you or use each letter to write something you like to do.

Mr. Fierro's Example:

E-ntertaining
U-nique
G-enerous
E-xcellent
N-ice
I-nteresting
A-mazing



2. What technologies do you use in your everyday life? Describe how and why you use the technologies you do.
 In my everyday life I mostly use my phone and my iPod since I love to listen to music. I use my phone for a lot of things like communicating with other people, searching for information, and taking pictures, etc. If I could I would listen to music all day and my iPod is where all my music is so thats why I use it so much.


3. The _system unit_ is a case that holds the computer's critical components.


4. A(n) _Workstation_ is a specialized, single-user computer that typically has more power than a standard PC.

5. A(n) _Network Server_ is usually a powerful personal computer that functions as the primary computer in a network.

6. _Super Computers_ are the most powerful computers made.


7. What does "PC" stand for?
portable computer

8. Research how computers play a crucial part in nearly every government agency. Pick an agency and discuss how that agency uses computers and why computers make their jobs easier. Some examples of government agencies that use technology frequently are the U.S. Census Bureau, IRS, Military, and Police. 

The police use computers to keep everyone where they are supposed to be and make sure everything is under control. For example they use them to keep track of the inmates and new inmates as well. Also to get handle of information on people and or where someone is.






No comments:

Post a Comment